Fox Hollow Bend

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Landscapers

So today we have an appointment with our landscaper. We're going to consult on trees and flowers and plants, bed shapes and mulches. I have this vision in my head and we're going to share the job of making it happen in order to keep costs low.

We have a sloped lawn so curving beds are going to look awesome. I know I want a Japanese maple and hydrangeas , hostas, roses, viburnum, coleus and various annuals. The shapes and placing are more vague but still there and the landscaper will advise on placement and soil amendment.

I've also been reading heaps of books and watching "Desperate Landscapes" on the DIY Channel in order to get design ideas and work tips. It's actually been really helpful.

I'll post pictures as we progress. Any tips from my fellow South easters on keeping your beds perfect? I know people use landscape fabric in order to control weeds and grass and we always have but Desperate Landscapes uses tons of mulch. What's your opinion?

1 comment:

  1. Wow...it sounds like you have a lot of ideas already. Watch out or you may end up with more ideas than yard :) I'm looking forward to hearing more about the move and seeing some photos of the interior or pretty much whatever.

    ReplyDelete